I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Livingroom "After" -- Gone Coastal! Part 1




 I really wanted our living room to feel lighter and brighter....So, I designed a whole wall of built ins to replace the large black entertainment center we had before. With TV's being so much thinner now, we didn't need such a large piece of furniture to house our flat screen. My very handy hubby built this beautiful cabinetry, I painted it white, leaving the tops in wood grain (stained walnut) to compliment the rustic stone fireplace facade. Because we rent, we've built it all so that it can easily be removed if needed, with just some holes to fill in.


I had built the faux fireplace (mantle and box) years ago to house the electric fireplace.

I created a hearth by putting slate on a piece of wood and cement as grout.


We added trim (1x2 inch pine) slats.


No comments:

Post a Comment