I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pink and Whimsical - A room for 'Em

This was done about two years ago. D & R were waiting for the big day when they would pick up their first little anglel, Em. The baby's room needed some work. The guys got to work on the walls, filling and sanding all the holes the previous owners left behind. Then, prime and paint. Pink of course. They pulled up the old carpeting and put down some new laminate. Added beadboard and chair rail, and left us with a clean slate. We had gone to ikea and bought some furniture, to use along with what they already had, and bought a baby duvet cover in pink, with a rather whimsical design on it. Then, off to the fabric store to get some coordinating fabrics, with which I made a skirt for the crib, a roman blind and a slipcover for the rocking chair. When they were away getting their adorable baby girl, Mike and I worked on the room. I painted a design to match what is on the baby duvet, picked up a change table, and got the room all ready for our family's first baby girl!




Some people dream of angels, I hold one in my arms.




1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty room for such a pretty little one. Oh she is just an angel for sure. I love the pink and I love the art that goes around the room, another amazing job my friend.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete