I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Footboard + air mattress + recycled wood + screws = ?

 Let me just start by saying that Sunday I was going to relax, it was my full intention to just sit and look at mags (decorating mags of course), do laundry and relax....RELAX.

My first mistake was the decorating mags...why? 'cause they are a constant (as are the blogs I follow) source of inspiration! The inspiration sparks an idea...the idea a plan! Oh Oh! So much for relaxing...it took all of ten minutes to blow the relaxation mode "out of the water"! 

Sometimes I wish I could stop my little brain from going from idea to implementation mode so quickly...a week between would be nice!!!! LOL!


Oh well, I had a plan: a footboard, some wood that was stacked behind the workshop (minding it's own business), an air mattress and a bucket of screws...what do you get when you add all that together? 

I could relax some other time, RIGHT!?

My friend Karen offered me this footboard a while ago, when she bought a new bed and just wanted to use the headboard. She know's me, never pass up something good even if you can't use it immediately!
footboard
 So far this pretty thing has had two separate uses.
1. headboard
2. coat rack (attached to the wall with hooks on it)
(neither one really worked for me)
 +
single size air mattress
(note that air mattresses are a good solution for outside + easy to put away for the winter!)
+
stack of old wood
   RECYCLE, RECYCLE, RECYCLE!!!
+
A BUNCH OF SCREWS

ADD SOME "LEGS & ARMS"
=
A DAYBED!
ALL I NEED NOW IS SOME MORE WHITE PAINT, SOME CUSHIONS AND SOME OUTDOOR FABRIC!

THEN WE WILL HAVE THE PERFECT SPOT TO 

RELAX
OR FOR AN AFTERNOON NAP IN THE "OUTDOOR ROOM"!
   
Am I the only one who can see the irony in this?
LOL~!
 Hope you enjoyed my Sunday project!
(I'll post pics when it's done)

Thanks for following, again!
xx
Sandra
 

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS this is AMAZING!!! You have been a busy busy girl!! :) What a great idea! Can you come over here and help me build a few things on my list? :) I can't wait to see completely finished up, then you go park your buns and relax with your magazines my dear!!! :D
    Love ya!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete