I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Finds!

Wow! I haven't done my rounds of the thrift stores for a while...I stopped in this afternoon and found a few things:

 We'll start with my new shoes, and they are brand new. They have absolutely no wear on the soles. They were $9.00.
 They are great with dress pants for work, or jeans, and comfortable too. {love!}

 But really, shoes are boring to me, stuff for the house, not that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
 It's dirty and needs a paint job, but it will be perfect by the front door once our townhouse is painted in a few weeks. I'll show ya later! :)
It was $3.00
 
 I liked the color of this little butterfly. The frame needs a sanding and painting, but for $1, why not?

 I found this pretty bathtub caddy thingy. Brand new, originally priced at $16.99 at HomeSense, got it for $3.00.
 I bought one a few months ago, but this one is much nicer and has more "flat" surface to put candles and a glass of wine on!!! :)

 I found a few old linen pieces that I absolutely LOVE!
 The one above, is the smaller of the two, about 10"x18". It has such beautiful detail on it. 
It was $4.00.
 This one, the larger of the two, is more like a runner. It's about 14"x36", it also has some very pretty detail to it. It was $5.00 (I have a real soft spot for old linens!)


Topsy, of course had to check out my finds!
 This odd little frame with a divider in it. I'm thinking tiny seashells in there, four different kinds? Or maybe different colors of sea glass? hmm. I have to spray the divider white first.
It was just 75 cents!
This piece of costume jewelry, silver hammered finish for $3.00.
And, last but not at all LEAST,
 
 This beautiful little framed mirror, the detail on it is gorgeous!







 It's so pretty! But I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of the gold finish on it!
Shall I paint it white? Or silver? 
What do you think?
And YES, it was just $2.00!!!

I love Frugal Friday Finds! Don't you?

Have a FANTASTIC weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love the frame, love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, once again, so jealous of all your finds!! I love the shoes and that butterfly is so beautiful with the blue. I have always wanted a tub caddy thing but I can't fit one on my tub because it is a tub/shower is all one piece. :( Enjoy your relaxing evening with a good book and wine will soaking your cares away. :) You know I am a girl that loves white, so I say white for the frame but the silver would look beautiful as well. :)
    Great finds my dear!!
    xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete