I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas

It's Christmas time again! I am amazed at how quickly time passes, aren't you? It's been an eventful year, some good, some bad, but all in all, I'm grateful & looking forward to the year ahead. 

Again this year, I've been a bit late in getting into the "Christmas spirit".  I went on and on about how no one want's to help anymore...blah, blah, blah. But in the end, I always get "into it", once I start.

I have to say, I miss the old days when my  brother in law Darcy and I put up the tree while listening to Christmas music and drinking rum & eggnog (he was bored and single then).  Hubby would thank his lucky stars for his brother because he got out of decorating for yet another year! 

 I guess I can always count on my trusty sidekick Molly to check and make sure that I'm doing it right!












I have to admit, it does look pretty when it's all done!


Now, downstairs...

 I bought this old sleigh years ago because when I spotted it at the flea market, it instantly filled my heart with joy. Wonderful childhood memories came flooding back, winter was such a fun time growing up in Gatineau, Quebec.



 I just LOVE snowmen! (and snowwomen of course).













I always wish for snow for Christmas. We got some, but unfortunately it was too early for it to last...
 My hubby woke me up so I could see it before the rain washed it away!
 That's all for now...

 Wishing you all 
a very merry Christmas 
&
 a happy and healthy new year!

xx
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment