I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bundle of LOVE!

Babies...what can I say? I love 'em. They're cute, cuddly and smell oh, so good...okay, well, most of the time, lol. 

No matter, stinky or not, they are adorable, each one in their own way. 

I had the privilege of taking photos of a beautiful 3 week old baby girl. It was so much fun!

 I put together some "props" and backdrops for the photo session and asked my friend Kari to give me a hand.  Kari is very creative, she also thought to bring some "props" of her own. She turned out to be the best assistant anyone could ask for! She had plenty of great ideas and suggestions, and was not at all fazed by being pooped and peed on! What a trooper! Thanks again Kari!!!

Baby Hailey and new parents Katie and Brad were wonderful to work with; patient, calm and fun! They've given me permission to share the photographs, so here are my personal favorites:



 I love the shabby chic look of doilies, they're so pretty and feminine. I made a backdrop by using a poster board size foam board and attached several doilies to it. I made Hailey's headband with vintage lace.
 Hailey was very co-operative and just went with it.
 A dear friend of mine gave me these little angel wings, which turned out to be just the right size for this sweet newborn.
 Kari brought along the cute bin with the chalkboard on the front of it. I made the backdrop with the fabric banners on it & found the headband at the dollar store. The pretty vintage linens Hailey is on are mine as well, I thought the delicate frilly linens would bring just the right amount of "girly" to this set-up.

 
 OMG! She is adorable!

 In this shot, she is on a beautiful vintage leather suitcase that Kari brought along. 
I love the "bum in the air" pose babies do!
 This scowl she's giving me is apparently her usual look. LOL

 I just LOVE baby feet. Don't you?


 At just over 8 pounds, she seems so tiny next to her little lamb.
 I think she's into purples and mauves, she was happy doing these shots.

I wonder what babies dream about.
 This is one of many shots taken with a vintage guitar that has very special meaning for Hailey's dad.
This one is one of my top two favorites...
the background canvas was a gift and it was the perfect size!

 Kari brought along this apple basket and colorful gerbera daisies.
The backdrop is wrapping paper glued to a foam board.
 Behind these huge sunglasses is a sleeping baby!

 Of course every girl needs a pink feather boa!
 Little Diva!



 This black and white shot with the feathers is my absolute favorite!
 I picked up some white leggins for her and made the little jeweled heart tutu with hair ties I found at the dollar store. The foam hearts are also from the dollar store.




Daddy's baby girl.



 
 In good hands...
 with mom, Katie.


 A heartfelt thank you to Katie and Brad for allowing me to practice my photography skills  with their precious daughter, Hailey. Thanks again to Kari for her help and creative input, we work well together and have tons of fun.  And of course a special thank you to Hailey for being such an easy going little bundle of love. xxx

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment