I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Friday, March 18, 2011

For the love of great textures!

I often catch myself taking photos of things that have a lot of texture...my eye is drawn to them immediately. Here are some examples...I find it very interesting that if you take a picture of something ordinary like tree bark, it suddenly becomes much more intricate to the eye. Things we see everyday look completely different if photographed up close or in a different light. Colours seem to "pop" and different textures are accentuated. I marvel at how pretty and bright a piece of  orange rope that's washed ashore can look, or how a piece of driftwood suddenly looks like art, nature's art.


What do you think?


I found this seashell on the beach in Mexico as the sun was coming up.
pictures taken in the shipyard in Steveston, British Columbia.

huge rusted chains and floats

ropes and crab cages



I love the large pieces of driftwood

the colour of this rope washed ashore looks so bright against the muted tones of the rocks and sand

I couldn't help but stop to admire the patina of this cabinet in a shop window





love the lines, colours and texture of this rug

pebble placemats

pretty lamp

texture, texture and texture!


the old Gulf cannery buildings





love this one

the top of an old wooden wine barrel







I really like how the light hits these pieces of driftwood

part of an old ship perhaps?

hollow log


I love these colours together!



a quilt from the Sunday Farmer's Market

I absolutely love the old chippy paint on this little fishing shack.



Great colours and texture...

Brain Coral in Mexico



Fabulous colours!!! Taken in Isla Mujeres at the Turtle Farm.

After the rain on a lovely fall day.

Who knew rust could look so pretty?

























No comments:

Post a Comment