I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Frugal Frenchie's Friday Finds

I love Friday's !!! Friday is normally my day off (yes, I get three day weekends) and I must say, I absolutely love that! It allows me more time for "any and all things creative".  On most Friday's I like to lounge in bed a little longer, have a coffee, read a little...then venture out into the world of thrift.

This second post of Frugal Frenchie's Friday Finds (now that I've decided to make it a regular thing) will be a bit longer as I'd like to take you on a little "tour" of some of my favourite places, I hope you don't mind...it is just a short 10 minute walk from my front door, follow me...:)

There are a few thrift stores  one of which is housed in a cute old church, 
(remember: Thrift is poetic because it is creative; waste is unpoetic because it is waste)
 
and a great little old fashioned style "General Store" that sells used items.
 Steveston Village is made up of a wonderful collection of shops,










cafes, restaurants and boutiques.

love these XL beach bags!


mmmmmm.




I'm the one in the lighter shade of red. (hee hee)








The large lanterns are absolutely gorgeous!







(I got one of these porthole mirrors at a garage sale for $5)


I'd love to try my hand at painting this...




All are very close to the docks where fresh seafood can be bought right off the boat.



Not to mention the beach is right there...



It is a wonderful, historic little village with "oodles" of charm, and a great area to live in. I LOVE where we live.  


Now, down to the "Nitty Gritty"....

Frugal Frenchie's Friday Finds!



 A large Ikea plate/bowl for $2.49,


a sweet little lacy dish for $1.50,



  a cute "beachy" bag for $1,

a basket for 50 cents,
  a shell tea light holder $1,

 Pottery Barn's Storage and Display book $3, 

a wooden cutlery carrier $4, 
  a beautiful blue glass vase for $6, four, no, $3 (sorry hubby, yes another one), 





 The picture does not do it justice, it's a lovely turquoise blue,

 A large white letter "S", for a whopping 99 cents and
Letter "S" for Sandra and of course, SEA :)
and a cute little wooden table I found by the garbage bin that was free, of course!
soon to be painted....can you guess what colour?

 Voila! Frugal Frenchie's Friday Finds for this week!

Would you like to join me next time?

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment