I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Frugal Frenchie Friday Find made Fantastic!

If you read yesterday's post "Frugal Frenchie's Friday Finds" you'll remember the sad little table I found by the garbage bin....
Well, I happened to find a brand new can of spray paint in the workshop! Can you guess what "couleur"?   
Mais, OUI! BLANC

Hmmmm. I'm loving that it already looks old and a little distressed....

Meanwhile, Molly, who appreciates a good find as much as any sidekick,  is looking a little bored...
* insert whining sounds here*

OK, OK, no point sitting here watching paint dry...let's go for a little w-a-l-k on the beach!

I don't know about other dogs, but mine can spell!!!! 
Off we go, 2 minute's drive to the beach...




"Hmmm, I wonder what's over this way?"
Pretty blond on the beach!

Ok, Miss Molly, we've been here a while, let's go home.
What? GO HOME? You're JOKING, RIGHT?
At times like these you can really see the Shitzu in her! LOL {can dogs smirk?}





Of course, on our way back to the car she has to stop to smell the flowers!
{Yes, I KNOW, that's not really what she's smelling}
Ok, we're home, let's check the table....it's dry!
hmmmm. A little sandpaper would do just the trick!
And VOILA!
Isn't SHE pretty now?
And even prettier with the beautiful flowers Hubby brought home for me! 
XX  I Love you Mikey!

This is definitely one of those times where I can use the term
"from trash to treasure", literally!

Here's what I did with the huge "bowl/plate" thingy I got for $2.49


Seashells are like friends, you can never have too many!!!
Happy Weekend my friends!
xx
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. Molly is cute. We have a shih tzu name Ellie. They certainly are characters.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete