I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Friday, April 1, 2011

From banged up to beautiful!

This lovely little night stand (Ikea, I think) was given to me today, by one of the caretaker's of our townhouse complex. He was using it as a stand for his SAW!  It's exactly the size end table I was looking for, for our living room. I convinced Daniel to let me have it...It was a little "banged up"...


 She's got good bones, just needs a little "makeover"
Nothin' a little paint and elbow grease can't fix!!!
Right Molly?
WOOF! 
To quote a fellow blogger: "Shabbyfreakinlicious"!
Turned out pretty nicely, and since I already had the paint (same as my coffee table) it didn't cost a thing!!!
I'm loving it! 
(thanks for the end table Daniel!)
Thanks for following!
xx
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Hi I was nominated the butterfly award at the same time as you! I am now google following you. Please pop by, Karima x www.karimascrafts.com

    I love this transformation, I too love upcycling!

    ReplyDelete