I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stitched together with LOVE!

I posted about these beautiful lace squares I was given by my friend Karen on April 9, 2011, they were given to her by another friend who made them...



The Heart



The Bow


Button Heart



Gingham Square

"Patchwork"


Hand Print


Quarter Round




Windmill




"Log Cabin"



Well, it's taken me this long to find just the right project for them. I knew it had to be something special that would allow me to use them together, rather than break them up. I am amazed at the amount of time that must have gone into making such works of art. They are delicate, intricate and absolutely gorgeous!

Karen & Don are going to be first time grandparents in June! I am so happy for them, I know they'll be the best grandparents ever!! I knew THIS would be the perfect occasion to make something special using those lovely squares...

I made a pretty crib sized "quilt",




I found the perfect fabric for the back, to compliment the squares, and framed the quilt in ruffles.
 The back
        The duvet insert is removable and I used ribbons to close it up.






For someone who doesn't sew all that much, I'm happy with how it turned out.
It's all ironed, wrapped and ready to go; today is the Baby Shower! 


My hope is that it will become a family heirloom, to be passed down to each newborn family member.

Congratulations to Kurt and Tabatha, the soon to be parents of a baby girl!



To my friends Karen and Don, first time grandparents!

 
 Thanks for following!

XX
Sandra






2 comments:

  1. Make pillow cases for your beach place.. and or .. oven mitts... or... a tea towel thing that you button to the oven... or... attach to a towel for the powder room... or.. I like the pillow thing best... or... I know... make a cylinder pillow for the couch... but with color accent.. YAH!! or for the bed... YAH!!
    these ideas are from terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would make a great foundation to a summer coverlet.

    ReplyDelete