I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Frugal Frenchie's Friday Finds

YEAH! Friday Again! Today I was supposed to spend the day with my friend Karen building her a TV cabinet for her master bedroom...It was such a gorgeous sunny day, we couldn't resist going to Steveston Village for our weekly "Thrifty Friday". We checked out a couple or our usual haunts, then went for lunch at the Cannery Cafe. The smoked salmon & cream cheese sandwich with capers was "to die for!". YUM. Then we walked around to look in the other shops we like, then for a coffee/tea at the new coffee shop. Finally, home to work on Karen's cabinet....which I'll post when I'm done. Here are today's finds:


 A large, sturdy wicker basket for $3
 A cute little tray that needs a paint job...and a smaller one for $2


 A GREAT rechargeable hand vac (Black and Decker) $5
 A large wire basket for $1.50
 A tiny wooden frame for 50 cents.
 This pretty tin container for $2,

 A larger wooden picture frame for  $2,

Four pretty little saucers in a Robin's Egg Blue...50 cents each.

I'll be painting the little trays and the large tin container, I'll post pictures when I'm done....I wonder what goodies I'll find next week?...  Thanks for following!

xx

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment