I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

While you were away....

About 6 years ago now, I guess, I decided to offer a "while you are away on vacation" bedroom makeover to a very special couple. I ran it by the husband who was thrilled with the idea of us doing this as a surprise for his lovely wife while they were away on vacation. Having bought an older home, they'd done some renovations, but had left the "master" for last.  Hubby gave us some money to work with and I had 4 days off...

We had to remove several layers of old wallpaper

Then the carpeting had to come up,




we painted the upper part of the wall sage green and hubby started installing the laminate



 After the laminate was done, hubby put up some beadboard & chair rail, while my friend Brenda and I sewed and sewed .....We hung a few pictures, dressed the room with the new curtains, duvet cover, pillow shams and decorative cushions we made...Four long days for three very tired people.


I bought this old chair at the thrift store and slip covered it...







A slight change to the old chair!





I finished the last minute details about 10 hours before they got home....To my surprise a very excited and happy Miss R called me the next morning (as soon as she saw it) to thank me and squealed with delight!

We all agreed it was well worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment