I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hallway and stairs, AFTER.

small breakfast counter I added tiled with tile I found in Alberta (Restore) for 1$ per sheet!

My handy Hubby made the mouldings from scratch with his router! :)

I love how he finished off by the floor.


It's amazing what a new paint color, wallpaper (wainscotting is Martha Stewarts Beadboard Wallpaper) & some moulding can do!


 designed a post for the half wall that runs down the stairwell,

 Hubby built the "post" I designed. Good Job Mikey!
 Made a coat rack from some moulding and 100 year old hooks I "stole" from an old abandoned farmhouse in Alberta. :)
And now we have a much brighter, cozier, more welcoming entrance, stairway and hallway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment