I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nature's riot of colors!

I have to say that it is more and more difficult to come up with new subjects to post about on my blog. I don't want to give it up entirely, but I am posting less and less. My DIY projects are few and far between these days because of my health issues. I really miss building things, and am a little frustrated creatively...So, I hope you don't mind my sharing some photos I've taken of nature's riot of colors, some of which just happen to be in my garden...




Morning Glory - the flower I love to hate. Did Mother Nature really have to make it so pretty?

 

Clematis is one of my all time faves. 

 The simplicity of a white rose.
My little Gingko Biloba tree.

 Snowball Hydrangea - New this year and doing really well!



Isn't it just gorgeous?!
                                               Lace hydrangea - paniculata chantilly lace

 Look at that detail! It would take me years to paint that!!! 
Petunias are always somewhere in my garden.


 What's not to love about the ever fragrant sweet peas and honeysuckle.
 Can't remember what these are called...anyone else know?

 Pink geraniums and some fresh basil in the background.



Hens and chicks,
 pink phlox and blue hydrangea.


 Lovely, delicate, bellflowers.
 Mmmmm. My one, lonely tomato plant.
 These pansies have such striking faces.
 I tried a few different effects because these little beauties are so interesting.


  So bright and happy.
Angels in the garden are a MUST!
    

 These beauties, I have to confess, are not in my garden. They were given to me by a thoughtful friend.
Thanks Jean!

Aren't they spectacular!?
 So soft and pretty.
 How cool is that?! 
 I love the effect of water droplets on plants and flowers.


Oops, how'd this one get in here?   
Molly?!
:)

Thanks for checking out my post. I hope you enjoyed the photos I took as much as I enjoy my garden...
See ya later,
xx
Sandra
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment