I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Friday, June 13, 2014

Frugal French Girl's Garage Sale Goodies! (with a little about life...)




Hello my friends! 

Wow, again, it's been a long while since I last posted on my blog. What can I say? My life isn't as busy "project wise" as it used to be. My computer time has also been cut down because of pain issues. 

I thought to blog about our sweet dog, Molly, who was my sidekick for a short 8 yrs before we recently had to put her down. May she rest in peace, sweet girl. I can't, I get too emotional when I think of her.  I can however introduce our cute, mischievous little rascal, aptly named "Sawyer" to you.


 Sawyer is a "mutt", a yorkie, maltese/havanese mix. He was 12 weeks when we brought him home. I don't remember Molly ever being this rambunctious! He's a lot of work, but well worth it! He is now five and a half months old and still full of "it". On a recent visit to my doctor's office I told her my new antidepressant was working wonderfully - she looked at me with a confused look on her face - I then told her about having a puppy in the house! :)

Do I look like trouble?
Okay, so that being said, I thought I should share actual fun stuff. I used to do a weekly post called
"Frugal Frenchie's Friday Finds" and an occasional one showing off my garage sale finds. So today we'll call this:
                                   Frugal French Girl's Garage Sale Goodies
                                  
 I really love the "hunt" of finding treasures at garage sales or thrift stores. Although, garage sales are not as numerous or as good as they used to be, namely, I think because of "Craiglist".  There are of course the "over priced" garage sales, where people seem to think they are running a store instead of a garage sale. Thrift stores have started to catch on to the "thrift store movement" and have upped their prices. A t-shirt with a tear in it for $9.99! Really?! and they call themselves "Value Village"?

All this to say that I love a good deal. Last Saturday I went to two great annual garage sales. I was very pleased with the little treasures I found.

I had priced out these conch shell lights in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, but found them too expensive at $60.00 and up. I found this one for $2!
This basket was $1.

In keeping with my beach theme I also found this little gem for $2.

I already had the larger one, they look great together.
This great matelasse coverlet was $3! It's perfect to cover up with on chillier days. It also fits in perfectly with my decor.
These oars were $1 each. So many other "shoppers" asked what we were doing with them. I joked that Richmond might sink one day and together with our inflatable boat, they'd come in handy! lol
I'll use them in my decor somewhere.
 This old enamel wash basin makes a great fruit bowl for $2. I love enamelware.

This soft dog bed was $3 and came with a free "head cone" for Sawyer for when he gets neutered. Yes! he will wear the "cone of shame".
Cedar wind chime for $1.
Basket $3


Brand new, in the box digital frame for $5.
 It's just waiting for us to load photos and give it to my mother in law who is now in a care home.
Perfect.
Like new, pretty vintage pillowcases that I will list on my etsy shop.

 Pretty vintage hanky.
 Two vintage, new condition pillowcase with yellow crocheted trim also for etsy.



A free brand new suitcase, looks like it was a promotional giveaway.
( I used it to carry my other purchases!)
 I also found several beautiful white linen pieces, including an oval crocheted tablecloth.


 They have all been laundered delicately and will be ironed before they are listed on my etsy shop.



 These are my finds.
What do you think?
Check my etsy store periodically to see new additions.

Thanks for following!

Sandra

1 comment: