I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Cleaning! Look what I found! I need suggestions!!!

While cleaning out some closet space and re-organizing a few things, (a little "spring cleaning" if you will)  I came across these old, and I mean OLD parts to a grand-father clock Mike inherited years ago. The clock itself fell apart and was beyond repair, but we kept a few parts and put them away in a box in the closet. I had forgotten all about them, until today. They are pretty interesting..

 The pieces are all hand made and dated 1769!



I also found this old pocket watch.
The engraved initials are JCB, who my husband believes to be his great-grandfather.

The watch looks to have been damaged by humidity and does not work, however it still has a lot of charm.
So, I ask myself,

"Should these beautiful old pieces of family history go back into a box in the closet? 
Or should I find a way to display them?"
Hmmmm.

Then, I remembered my hubby also has two other old pocket watches....put away somewhere where no one will see them....
Hmmmm.

Maybe a Shadow Box???

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please share them with me!
(I'll post the finished product)

1 comment:

  1. The larger piece would look great on a wall, just above a dresser or sideboard, with the pocket watch in it's open case on the dresser, just to the side of it. Then you could find some other pieces to put with it. They are beautiful. Wish I found exciting things like that when I Spring cleaned lol.

    x

    ReplyDelete