I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weekend Warriors - new kitchen for Prairie Girl

My niece thought her kitchen needed some updating, since she lives in Alberta, I had her do some prep work before I headed east for a long weekend to help her. We rented a chop saw and cut some pieces for trim, added them to the cupboard doors, painted, and changed the hardware on the cupboards. Made a trip to the local Re-Store where we found some tile at a very low cost, a quick trip to the hardware store for tile adhesive and grout, and some decorative tile from Home Depot, and "voila!", a new kitchen!






The "After" Shots of Prairie Girl's Kitchen












Antique farm table and chairs for under 40$



No comments:

Post a Comment