I am a wife, a mother, an auntie and a friend. I love thrifting, garage sales, re-purposing, creating, painting, anything that makes our little rental home more welcoming, comfortable and cozy. I have discovered the "art" of amateur photography & I love the idea of capturing the beauty in the ordinary everyday things that surround us. Blogging is a wonderful way to make new friends and share with people who have the same interests. My personal taste in decorating leans towards "casual cottage/coastal decor". I now have a small shop on etsy, called "SandySeashore" where you'll find some of my vintage finds, my photography and some handmade things. I hope you take the time to check it out! Thanks for droppin' in!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Viva Mexico!

Hola my friends! Today my post is about my happy place, Mexico. My husband and I have been going there for our annual vacation for a few years now. We planned and booked our annual trip to Mexico last fall, for an April departure. Two weeks before leaving I was seriously considering not going this year because of pain, you know, when you feel lousy you want to be at home. After discussing it with my doctor, who highly recommended that I go, off we went....I am so happy that I didn't bail out, it was wonderful! Not only was my pain level lower, but it lifted my spirits like nothing else can!

Part of what made is so wonderful was that our good friends Don & Karen joined us for the first week! It was their first time in Mexico. We would travel with them any day, we really enjoyed their company. They were really understanding and relaxed about me having rest a lot. We had such a great time!

In Isla Mujeres, Don & Karen and my hubby in the background.

One of my favourite things about Mexico, other than the friendly people, the beautiful Caribbean ocean, the weather & the beaches are the amazing colours...

Playa Del Carmen.

Puerto Morelos






At the resort.



 







The Chapel in Playa Del Carmen

The sunrise from our balcony.

Isla Mujeres




From the Turtle Farm on Isla


The working lighthouse on Isla



At the resort
Playa Norte, Isla



Isla Mujeres


 Who knew there would be such beauty in 4 feet of water?




It was beautiful! (The underwater pictures were all taken by our friend Don)





From the lookout at Garafon Park, Isla Mujeres.

Seashell wind chimes by my friend Mary on Isla.




Watching the sunrise at the resort.






A sleeping lamb at a beach house right next to our resort.



Puerto Morelos.










The little chapel in Playa Del Carmen


At the Turtle Farm, Isla.



My  love and I.

Isla





From our balcony at the Ocean Turquesa, Puerto Morelos.




 The second week of our vacation, our niece Adele and her fiance Tim joined us. It was also their first trip to Mexico. They got married on the beach with just Mike and I as witnesses. It was beautiful, perfect except for the broken foot the bride got a day before the wedding! She's a real trooper and didn't let it ruin her fun at all!



Adele's Grandmother's Dress, 70 yrs old.







Pure determination! You go girl!



Uncle Mike was delighted to walk her down the "aisle"!























It was such an honour to be able to attend Adele & Tim's wedding and spend time with the lovebirds! 
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Proudlove 
(love that name!!!)
(that's their cake topper, and their suite in the distance thru the wrought iron railing of our balcony) 

 
All in all, the heat, the warm water and the sun did wonders for my fibromyalgia. The pain was much easier to endure. After two weeks coming home to the cold, dampness and rain was like being run over by a truck, it was such a shock to my system. It still hasn't warmed up much here, although I must admit, today was warm.

 I'm just waiting for summer! LOL


What's your favourite "escape"?

This is mine...

 Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
 

 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own slideshow design

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Sandra - you are an artist :) And the wedding, beautiful and sincere. Cheers from the Gatineau girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you and me under one of those thatched umbrellas one day girlie!!!!! These are just gorgeous, makes me long for the ocean and the beauty of it all!
    Love ya sweets!!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! You have the sweetest haircut too, may I just say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just beautiful. The colors are just amazing. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete